Garde côtière auxiliaire canadienne – Québec (GCAC-Q) is a non-profit organization that was founded more than 30 years ago, bringing together volunteers specialized in maritime search and rescue.

There are seven zones within GCAC-Q:


  • Zone 1 Côte Nord/Saguenay
  • Zone 2 Bas-Saint-Laurent/Gaspésie
  • Zone 3 Québec
  • Zone 4 Saint-Laurent/Richelieu
  • Zone 5 Soulanges/Basses Laurentides
  • Zone 6 Nunavik
  • Zone 7 Baie James

A few interesting facts

Approximately 400 missions annually.

Approximately 80% of participating vessels are privately owned and the remaining 20% are dedicated SAR vessels.

There are 14 Nunavik communities which participate in SAR, supported through the Indigenous Community Volunteer Boat Program

Contact: Garde côtière auxiliaire canadienne – Québec

Daniel Michaud, President

Louis Melançon, Directeur general |

17, rue du Prince
Sorel-Tracy, QC, J3P 4J4

Tél. : 877-746-4385
Cel. : 514-953-8234
Fax. : 450-746-4386

Contact Us

Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary National
PO Box 44017
Ottawa RPO
Montreal Square
ON, K1K 4P8