Joining our SAR teams:
- Must be the age of majority in accordance to provincial legislation
- Be in good physical condition
- Complete the Pleasure Craft Operator Certificate Course
- Attain Marine Basic First Aid, equivalent certification or higher with CPR/AED Level C
- For additional requirements contact the auxiliary nearest you
More Ways to Volunteer
Volunteers can also support the CCGA through:
Be an advocate for boating safety
Offer vessel maintenance and equipment management
Organize fundraising or special events
Support through media and marketing
Search & Rescue Training
Whether it’s sailing to respond on the water or supporting several essential administrative roles ashore, our organization is a vital contributor to Canada’s maritime services.
Our volunteers are mission ready!
Volunteers participate in instructor-led operational readiness training to prepare them for many levels of maritime response. We also participate in joint training exercises with other search and rescue agencies and organizations.
Teamwork is one of our greatest strengths!
Many exciting and challenging roles within the camaraderie of your team!
Our average response time is 25 mins to deploy resources to a marine emergency event.
PO Box 44017
ON, K1K 4P8